All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

W. The Movie Review

Last night I watch Oliver Stone's movie "W." which made me almooooost miss ol' George Bush (only for the reason that he was ridiculously easy to rip on). I was wondering how Josh Brolin would do, since I couldn't imagine him looking like Bush before this. He actually did a wonderful job (props to his makeup team) and nailed the Dubya Texas accent. The movie is a chronicle of the life and presidency of George W. Bush. I'm not sure how Stone wanted to come away from this movie thinking of Bush. Yes, it was clear that he felt a lot of pressure from his father to succeed, but I'm sorry, this movie is just a highlight reel of all the idiotic things that man did and said. Richard Dryfess did an excellent job as Dick Cheney, the evil mastermind who was clearly pulling the strings for most of that presidency. To watch the scenes where he uses psychology on Bush is just hilarious. Elizabeth Banks played Laura Bush. I wish I knew more about Laura, as she seemed to be another strong force behind her husband and didn't seem to be as conservative as I had assumed she was. Overall, a slow moving but interesting movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment