All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, January 3, 2011

Thoughts on Deadwood

This past few weeks, I've been watching seasons 1 and 2 of the HBO series "Deadwood." It has been very.... interesting. For the most part, I have no idea what's going on. The dialogue is so slurred and mumbled that it's extremely hard to get what they are saying. Basically, it's like watching a foreign film with no subtitles. Another interesting part of the show's dialogue is that every sentence includes one of the following works: c**t, c**ksucker, or f**k. This has potential for an interesting drinking game....  A couple years ago I watch the documentary, "The F Word," which is a mockumentary about the origins and uses of the f-word and the stigmas behind it. It's pretty funny and I just remembered that in the movie, they state that the show "Deadwood" says f**k the most times of any show ever on TV. And I can believe it! Overall, not a fan of Deadwood. I just don't like Westerns, I can't understand what they're saying, and apparently to be a woman in Deadwood, you pretty much have to be a prostitute. And I like the lead actor, Timothy Olyphant much more in FX's "Justified."


No comments:

Post a Comment