All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Green Hornet review

So, this weekend I went to see "The Green Hornet" in theaters. I was excited because the previews made it look super funny and I have a soft spot for comic book movies. Well, most of the humorous parts were in the preview. There were a lot of explosions and a lot of fights scenes, which I guess is to be expected but there was a point where so many things were blowing up that you couldn't actually tell what was going on. I expected more from director Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Science of Sleep), but I guess everyone's' artistic integrity gets corrupted by a blockbuster budget. The high point of this movie was Kato, played by Jay Chou. I guess he's basically the Justin Timberlake of Taiwan. He didn't have many lines in the movie, but I though he delivered a performance like how I imagined Kato, but even cooler. Basically, "The Green Hornet" is a movie for teenage boys. For the rest of us, not so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment