All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, January 31, 2011

Denver in a nutshell

Hi readers, back from Denver and back to the grind. Got caught up with some work and now finally have time for some blogging! I just spent a three day weekend in Denver. My best friend since I was two moved out there last May with her fiance, so I finally went to visit. Denver is a sprawling city with a gorgeous backdrop of mountain peaks. Highlights from the trip include:

One morning we went to breakfast at Snooze, an AM Eatery. The place always has a wait but it's worth it! We got some spicy Bloody Marys with beet infused vodka. They are know for their pancakes, so I had to give them a try. I got the trio, which meant I could pick from any of their flavors. I got a red velvet pancake with cream cheese topping, a chocolate and peanut, and a banana pancake with peanut butter cream and bacon caramel.


It was a gorgeous 60 degrees all weekend, which is a vast improvement over January in MN. We look the light rail downtown and spent and afternoon strolling the mall area, which has lots of shops and restaurants. They also have a free bus you can ride up and down the mall, which is convenient. It was so nice to sit on a patio!

We had a really tasty dinner at Sushi Sasa, in northwest Denver. They had very good fresh fish, so all of the rolls were very flavorful and nigiri was melt-in-your-mouth delicious.

Our "craft project" for the weekend was making Jello shots for a birthday party we attended up in the foothills. We made lemon drop Jello shots and Captain and Coke ones, with Black Cherry Jello. Both turned out pretty tasty!
I think my favorite part of the trip was the day adventure up to Boulder, CO, which is about 45 minutes outside of Denver, closer to the mountains. Boulder is a beautiful city with a lot of personality. We walked up and down the main strip, which was filled with quaint shops hawking everything from marijuana grow kits to beautiful art. There are talented street performers everywhere and lot of unique restaurants, bars, and coffeeshops. I found my dream shoes, which were sadly out of my price range....


A big thanks to my semi-sister Robin and her finace, Marcus, for shuttling me around town and showing me what their city has to offer! Much loves!


No comments:

Post a Comment