All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Friday, January 14, 2011

Cupcake Crazy

It's official, I am deep into this cupcake craze that's going around. I can't stop watching "Cupcake Wars" on the Food Network, even though the host is possibly one of the most annoying men alive. Every time I hear the word "buttercream" frosting my mouths starts to water like some kind of Pavlovian experiment. Yesterday I went and got a dozen cupcakes at one of the many gourmet cupcake shops popping up around town, Sweet Retreat (located at 50th and France). Let's just say, half of that dozen is already gone today and I find myself coming up with crazy justifications about the acceptability of cupcakes for breakfast. We got a variety of cupcakes from Sweet Retreat, including, Mocha, Red Velvet, Monkey Business, Cookies & Cream, and Choczilla. But I have to say, the most amazing cupcake they make is the Salted Caramel. The actually cupcake is slightly salty but also sweet and it's topped with a light whipped cream and caramel drizzle. At this point, I can honestly say, there are few things I love more in this world than Sweet Retreat's Salted Caramel cupcake.











No comments:

Post a Comment