All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Fighter review

Hi readers, sorry for the lack of posts these last few days. Here in the Midwest the flu is definitely going around and I feel like I've been sleeping for the last 72 hours. I did take a break from all the sleeping though to go see "The Fighter" in theaters and I'm glad I did! New favorite for awards season (although "The King's Speech" is still a close second for me)! "The Fighter" surpassed being lumped into the inspirational sports movie genre, in large part due to the superb acting. Christian Bale was amazing as the coke addict ex-boxer brother of Mark Walberg's character. When Bale commits to a role, he really goes all out. He must have lost a bunch of weight for this movie. My other favorite is Amy Adams, who's so far away from her typical fairy-princess role. She brings the sass in this movie and does an amazing job. I loved the crazy family in the movie and when she takes them on. Actually, one of the many sisters is played by Conan O'Brien's sister! Definitely go see this movie in theaters, such a great true story.




No comments:

Post a Comment