All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Razzies are here!

As always, the day before the Oscar nominations are announced, the Razzies are announced. Now, I have a love for awesomely bad movies, so I get just excited about these awards as all the others. I loved that last year Sandra Bullock won the "Best Actress" Oscar for "The Blind Side" and the "Worst Actress" Razzie for her part in "All About Steve." And like the class-act that she is, she went to accept both in person! Now, there's probably not going to be any overlap like that this year (although we'll find out for sure tomorrow morning when the Oscar noms come out). Here are the major categories for the Razzies this year with my pick for "winner" highlighted: 

Worst Film Nominees:
‘Twilight Saga: Eclipse’
‘The Last Airbender’
‘The Bounty Hunter’
‘Sex & The City 2′
‘Vampires Suck’ 
Comments: I didn't see it because the preview and premise was so awful, even I didn't want to see it... how many people actual did??

Worst Actress:
Jennifer Aniston: ‘The Bounty Hunter’
Miley Cyrus: ‘The Last Song’
The Four “Gal Pals”: ‘Sex & The City 2′
Megan Fox: ‘Jonah Hex’
Kristen Stewart ‘Twilight Saga: Eclipse’ 
Comments: Everyone who knows me knows how I feel about her flat acting. Lip biting and moodiness anyone?

Worst Actor:
Ashton Kutcher: ‘Killers’ and ‘Valentine’s Day’
Gerard Butler: ‘The Bounty Hunter’
Jack Black: ‘Gulliver’s Travels’
Robert Pattinson: ‘The Twilight Saga: Eclipse’ and ‘Remember Me’
Taylor Lautner: ‘The Twilight Saga: Eclipse’ 
Comments: I almost went with Ashton Kutcher but he's always been a crappy actor. I'm more sad about Jack Black, who back in the day was great (High Fidelity!) but has made a horrible string of movies over the last couple of years.

Worst Supporting Actress:
Jessica Alba: ‘The Killer Inside Me,’ ‘Little Fockers,’ ‘Machete,’ and ‘Valentine’s Day’
Cher: ‘Burlesque’
Liza Minnelli: ‘Sex & The City 2′
Nicola Peltz: ‘The Last Airbender’
Barbra Streisand: ‘Little Fockers’ 
 Comments: See my "Meet the Fockers" review from last week. I totally called this one. Plus, she's up for 4!! I think that was all the movies she was in for 2010. I"m sad about the Liza nod, I though she was the best moment of SATC2.

Worst Supporting Actor:
George Lopez: ‘Marmaduke,’ ‘The Spy Next Door,’ and ‘Valentine’s Day’
Billy Ray Cyrus: ‘The Spy Next Door’
Dev Patel: ‘The Last Airbender’
Jackson Rathbone: ‘The Last Airbender,’ and ‘The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
Rob Schneider: ‘Grown Ups’ 
Comment: Tough call in this category but I hate his late night and have no idea who keeps casting him in movies....

Worst Couple/Ensemble:
The Entire Cast of ‘Sex & The City 2′
The Entire Cast of ‘The Twilight Saga: Eclipse’
The Entire Cast of ‘The Last Airbender’
Jennifer Aniston & Gerard Butler: ‘The Bounty Hunter’
Josh Brolin’s Face & Megan Fox’s Voice: ‘Jonah Hex’
Comments: Besides loving the combo in this category for Jonah Hex, i have to give it to Twilight. These "teenagers" are awkward to watch and have zero range or talent. And for some reason are over-hyped and worshiped. I hope they all disappear from cinema after this franchise is done...


No comments:

Post a Comment