All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oscar noms are out...

Since I so enthusiastically covered the Razzies nominations yesterday, I should probably cover the Oscar nominations, which were announced this morning. For a full list of the nominations: http://www.moviefone.com/oscars-academy-awards/nominee-winner Nominees are very similar to those who were up for the SAGs (the Golden Globes this year were just a total crapshoot). This time around I'm less interested in who got nominated compared to who got snubbed! I think the biggest surprise was no Christopher Nolan (Inception) for "Best Director." I'm sad Andrew Garfield (The Social Network) was snubbed for "Best Supporting Actor" this round, I though he was one of the best in the movie. But I'm happy J.T. officially got zero nods this awards season even though he was campaigning like crazy.  "The Kids Are All Right" is up for a lot of awards as usual, but no Julianne Moore for "Best Supporting Actress" this time. In terms of other forgotten actors, no Mila Kunis (my girl crush!) or Ryan Gosling this round, which is surprising because both were getting a lot of buzz and accolades. Also, does anyone this there is an issue with James Franco being one of the hosts for the evening and being up for "Best Actor"? That just seems a bit odd to me....




No comments:

Post a Comment