All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sea Change review

Today over lunch I went to the restaurant Sea Change with a bunch of people from work. I was very excited to go, as I've heard that the food is amazing because it's Tim McKee's. McKee is the big James Beard Award winner of the Midwest and has been behind many successful restaurants in Minnesota, such as the newly revamped Il Gato, La Belle Vie, Barrio, and Solera. Sea Change is a sustainable seafood restaurant attached to the Guthrie Theatre, where Cue use to be. The space itself was absolutely gorgeous, very clean with lot of vibrant blue and green notes. During the summer, the patio has a wonderful view of the Mississippi River and the outside of the Guthrie Theatre, which is spectacular in itself. It offers a three-course pre-theater menu, late-night small plates, and a raw bar. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. The lunch ranges from $8-$15 and the dinner ranges from $18-$22. I had the spicy shrimp sandwich, which was flavorful and delicious. Some of the people I was with were not a fan though. The guy who got the fish tacos said they were overcooked and my boss who got the salmon said it was undercooked and the skin left on it was soggy and gross. So all and all, some mixed reviews. I'll hold out on a final consensus until I'm able to try their dinner, where they should really shine. I'm also looking forward to checking out their 100+ wine bottle list.




No comments:

Post a Comment