All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pride and Glory movie review

Hello all, it's been a busy day at work so this will probably be my one and only post of the day. And then tonight I'm off to Denver for a long weekend! I will be back on Monday with a fabulous review of the city. In the meantime, I have another movie review for you. I just watched "Pride and Glory," starring Colin Farrell, Edward Norton, and Jon Voight. It centers around a family of multi-generational police officers. The secret of who is a dirty cop in the family threatens to destroy them and the family name. It's a decent movie but a plot we've all seen before. There's no extra wow factor that makes it better than all the other cop genre movies. It's gritty and dark and sometimes it's a little hard to follow. Interesting back stories about all the couples that make up the family were developed, but not played out. There's too much going on that a lot of things that have potential just go unexplained, underdeveloped, or forgotten. Mainly, it made me miss the glory days of Edward Norton (Fight Club, Rounders, American History X, Primal Fear). I think the last good movie he made was "The Illusionist." Norton, please return to making good movies!


No comments:

Post a Comment