All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thom Pham's Wonderous Azian Kitchen

With a name like that, it better deliver! The first time I went there, I was not a fan. We went to the dim sum brunch. Dim sum, which includes things like plates of squid and sticky buns, was not what I would classify as brunch food. And with each little plate of dim sum being $3-$7, it added up fast. We left much broker feeling unsatisfied, and my boyfriend swore he would never go back. I went yesterday for lunch and actually really liked it. Our table started out sharing a bunch of appetizers, like calamari, squash dumplings, sauteed green beans, and asparagus. They were all quite tasty. I had the maki bento for my meal, which was a California roll, a salmon avocado roll, and a spicy tuna. It wasn't the best sushi I've ever had, but it was decent. I like that they work local ingredients into some of their dishes, like the squash dumplings and cranberry curry. I definitely get something along those lines when I go back. I also hear they have some pretty potent drinks I'll have to try out!


No comments:

Post a Comment