All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes Recap

Last night was the Golden Globe Awards. I've read a lot of mixed reviews this morning but here are my overall thoughts. I looooved Ricky Gervais as a host. He's getting a lot of flack for being really harsh but I thought it was hilarious. Good for him for not kissing any celebrity asses and taking cracks at Hugh Hefner and Scientology. In terms of fashion, I think Sandra Bullock had my favorite dress, although I do not know what was going on with her bangs. Bad hair seemed to be a popular trend for the evening (Annette Bening anyone?). In terms of awards, The Social Network and Glee seemed to be the big winners of the night. I'm surprised Black Swan didn't get more. Natalie Portman's "Best Actress" speech was a little to gushy for me. I'm glad The Kids Are All Right is getting a lot well-deserved recognition. My favorite wins and speeches of the night were Christian Bale, Colin Firth, and Melissa Leo. And of course Robert De Niro's acceptance rant :) There were some random presenters, like Megan Fox and Robert Pattinson. Anyone else glad The Tourist and Burlesque didn't take home anything? For a complete list of winners: http://www.goldenglobes.org/nominations/


1 comment:

  1. Wow, there were so many BAD dress choices. I was shocked! Even people who normally make good decisions-- i.e. Michelle Williams daisy dress? WTF.

    I must say, I couldn't help but swoon at Olivia Wilde's sparkly poofy wonder! Loved it, even though it was a bit much.

    And I liked the long-sleeves trend. Leighton Meester, Ann Hathaway... It's fresh and classy!

    ReplyDelete