All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Friday, March 4, 2011

I'll always love Radiohead

They've had some mind-blowing, revolutionary albums. They've had some album that just kind of missed the mark (yes, I'm talking to you Hail to the Thief). But every since the day I heard "Karma Police" off OK Computer back in 1997, I've been hooked ever since. They cemented a place in my heart permanently after Kid A in 2000. Their newest album, The King of Limbs  just came out this February and is Radiohead's eighth studio album. I love how they always self-release their music, you know it's not all about the benjamins for them. I like The King of Limbs more than their previosu release, In Rainbows, even though there are a lot of critics who would disagree with me. But then again, critics hated Kid A when it came out and then it made a bunch of top album of the decade lists. I really think it's hard to review Radiohead. Some people love it, some people hate it. Some people say they aren't making revolutionary music anymore. But are there any bands out there that can make the electronic music Radiohead makes as well as they do? If so, I haven't heard them yet. Anyway, for me, it's all about how Radiohead resonates with you. If their eerie beats permeate your soul, then you'll always be a fan.




No comments:

Post a Comment