All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Review: The Romantics

Last night I watched the "The Romantics," a film just recently released on video. I was excited to view it, as I love most of the star-studded cast. The cast includes Anna Paquin, Malin Akerman, Candice Bergen, Adam Brody, and Elijah Wood. The two people who played the leads are the ones I wasn't wild about. Josh Duhamel played the lead man, and actually he worked for me. His cocky personality went with the role he was portraying. However, my main issue was the female lead, played by Katie Holmes. Her character was suppose to be extremely passionate and romantic, but her portrayal of the character fell flat and was uninspired. The movie itself is about a group of college friend who reunite for the wedding of two in the group. The problem is that the bride-to-be and the maid of honor have a long rivalry over the groom and he's messing around with both of them. I like the movie. The music in it is great. The scenery is beautiful and the wedding setup is gorgeous. It just wasn't a great movie. It lacked a climax. The scene which is apparently the climax just seemed like something leading up to a very heated moment. And I think if someone more emotional had replaced Katie Holmes, it would have been so much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment