All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Friday, March 4, 2011

Restaurant Week: Cosmos

There is nothing better than Restaurant Week! A chance for me to finally try out those restaurants that are way out of my price range. Since it's Restaurant Week here in Minneapolis, last night I went to Cosmos to try it out. Cosmos is the restaurant a few floors up in the Graves hotel downtown. It was AMAZING! For $30, I got a delicious three course meal. It started out with an amuse bouche, a spoonful of tuna tartare. It was so flavorful I think I could have eaten a full bowl of it. Next up was the appetizer round, where I got a crab cake on mango chutney. The crab and mango were perfectly balanced. My only complaint would be that I usually like some kind of creamy sauce with crab cakes and there was no sauce at all. The second course was NY strip with mashed potatoes. The strip was sliced up, which was a little different from the norm. The steak was cooked at a perfect medium rare and was melt-in-your-mouth tender. For the desert course I got greek yogurt with blackberry sorbet. I know a lot of people thing yogurt sounds like a lame dessert but it was the perfect ending! Rich, creamy, and cold, with just the right serving size. Another interesting aspect to mention is their tomato water, which is added to some of the dishes. We all tried a couple sips out of curiosity and it was amazing! Somehow they make it by boiling a tomato for something like eight hours, then putting the tomato in a cheesecloth, and then the tomato water is everything that drips out. It sounds bizarre but tastes awesome. The ambiance and lighting of Cosmos was very cool. My only complaint, the chairs! You're a high-end restaurants. Shell out and get some better chairs.


1 comment:

  1. i agree -- the chairs are ridiculous! but the tomato water is delish :)

    ReplyDelete