All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, March 14, 2011

A lovely meal at Lucia's

Last week I had dinner at Lucia's, located in 31st Street in Minneapolis. It's a smaller restaurant and wine bar, with a patio in the summertime. The food menu may be small but Lucia's uses seasonal and local ingredients, so they update their menu weekly with new dishes. They also update the wine list regularly, so there is always pairing selections with the food menu. When I was there, I had a fresh mixed greens salad, which was tasty but nothing special. For my entree I got the braised bison, which was tender and delicious. It came with a side of diced root vegetables, which I could tell were fresh, and mustard tarragon creme fraiche. For dessert I had a bite of a chocolate nutella torte, which would have been super heavy but a couple bites to finish the meal was perfect! The restaurant itself is very warm and cozy. It's definitely a place I wouldn't find sitting at for a few hours and drinking a bottle of wine. My parents have been their for Valentine's Day before and I think it would be a nice place for that. I also saw on their website they offer brunch on weekends, which I bet is pretty tasty and healthy.






No comments:

Post a Comment