All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Girl Talk Get-Down

Last night I went to the first of two sold out Girl Talk shows at First Ave. Girl Talk is a one man DJ, Gregg Gillis, who takes popular songs from different musical genres and makes dance party mashups. I saw him two Novembers ago when he came to First Ave after releasing "Feed The Animals," and I knew I had to see him when he came back. In 2010 he released "All Day," which was free to download online. Can I just say I love when artists do this? It just shows that they're all about getting their music to the people and that's what matters. And is Girl Talk going to go broke for this? No way! That man is playing sold out shows across the country. His show last night was amazing. First off, he comes out in sweatpants and a zip-up hoodie, which is just awesome. First Ave was packed to the walls with dancing hipsters. Everyone had their hands in the air the entire show. He was playing new hits and old hits. They were throwing out glowsticks, balloons, confetti, and toilet paper like there was no tomorrow. The lights were awesome. Everything about the show was electric. My only complaint would be the people he lets dance up on stage. They're coming right up to the edge of the stage, so you can't see him deejay is you're standing to one of the sides. Otherwise, awesome, it was one of my favorite shows in the last year. I came out of First Ave drenched with sweat. That's when you know it's been a good night!


1 comment:

  1. the next night at first ave there was still confetti and balloons flying around randomly for the cold war kids show!

    ReplyDelete