All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lunch at D'Amico Kitchen

Just got back from a tasty lunch at the D'Amico Kitchen, in the Chambers/Le Meridian (does anyone know which one it is these days?) Hotel. I've been hearing good things about it for awhile, so I was looking forward to trying it. For lunch they have a nifty little deal where you can pick three things to sample of a small list of soups, salads, appetizers, pastas, and sandwiches. I got the Chicken Salad, Spicy Fried Calamari, and 1/2 Meatball Sandwich. The salad was okay. The chicken was well cooked and big chunks of fresh avocado was a nice touch. I just have an issue with salads where they grill the lettuce. If just makes the lettuce soggy! That's one food trend I just can't get behind. The calamari was good and came with a tasty dipping aoili. The waitress said one of the things they're know for is the meatballs, and I would agree based off my half meatball sandwich. The meat was juicy and well seasoned. The ambiance was pretty cool. It was very clean and white, which bold color accents and sparkly chandeliers (which of course I'm a fan of). Overall, I would say the D'Amico Kitchen is good, but not great. I think it's a little over-hyped and isn't doing any food that's too revolutionary.


The D'Amico family of restaurant also just started a cool "Date Night" promotion (hint, hint to my boyfriend who reads my blog). For $50, you can get a three course dinner for two, with a bottle of wine. The restaurants this is available at are D'Amico kitchen, Masa, Parma 8200, Cafe Lurcat, and Campiello. My personal favorite of all these is Cafe Lurcat. Each restaurant features a limited menu for the date night deal, which can be viewed here: D'Amico Date Night Menus

No comments:

Post a Comment