All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I watched a Lifetime movie and liked it.

Confession, last night I watch the Lifetime movie I DVRed a while ago, "Amanda Knox: Murder On Trial In Italy." I thought Lifetime only made sappy, weepy movies but apparently this has changed. Now Lifetime is all about cashing in on salacious American crimes. The other day I was channel-flipping and saw they had a movie about the Amish school shooting that happened a couple years ago. Who is profiting off these movies beside Lifetime? How do they get the rights? I know because of the Son of Sam law criminals can't sell the rights to their stories. So who can? Interesting thought. Anyway, back to my movie review. It was actually pretty good. They got Hayden Panettiere to play Amanda Knox and she did a decent job. Marcia Gay Harden played Knox's mother and did an excellent job. I've always thought she was a great actress and I wonder why she isn't getting better offers. The movie did an excellent job of not making any judgment calls on if Knox and her boyfriend did murder British student, Meredith Kertcher. I followed this in the news and always thought it sounded like Knox did it. After watching the movie, that's still my conclusion. Knox and her boyfriend were convicted and sentenced to 25 years in prison, but appealed the decision in December 2010. I will admit the evidence is not air-tight, so I'm interested in seeing what happens. Well, I guess I like the true-crime Lifetime movies. I'm still going to avoid the sap-fest ones though....


No comments:

Post a Comment