All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Thursday, March 17, 2011

New restaurant alert: The Inn

Last night I went to a newer restaurant in downtown Minneapolis, The Inn. It's the new restaurant in the old Hell's Kitchen space on 10th. The Inn is owned by the same people who owned the Town Talk Diner and The Strip Club. And I think those are some of my favorite Twin Cities restaurants ever! The Inn is a cozy space with a lot of charm. The bar area is set up pretty cool. I heard they were known for their mixology skills, so I started out with one of their cocktails, the Polish Delight. It was made from grass vodka, apple/scallion syrup, ginger, and sparkling wine. It was amazing! There were so many different flavors working together in harmony. It was sweet, but there was a tinge of something else that I just couldn't put my finger on. As an appetizer, my friend and I split the the crispy potato dumplings, which were basically crispy wontons filled with mashed potato on a bed of caramelized onion. They came with a dipping sauce as well. So delicious! For an entree, I had the Italian Beef sandwich, which came with a horseradish spread on an onion roll. The horseradish sauce was quite strong, which I enjoyed, but is probably not for people with neutral feelings on it. The fries that came with it were a tad to salty, and I love salt so you can imagine how salty they really were. My friend has the risotto with roasted squash, wild mushrooms, sage, and triple creme. She said it was tasty, but nothing super special. If I go again, I'll probably either try the chicken or a grass-fed steak, both of which are suppose to be quite tasty. And it's definitely a good place to go for a tasty and unique drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment