All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tops of 2010: Music and Movies

Of course the end of 2010 is the perfect time for Top 10 of the years lists. I get obsessive over the music and movie ones to makes sure I've seen and heard everything worthwhile. My favorite Top of 2010 music list that I've seen so far is Paste Magazine's 50 Best Songs of 2010. It's similar to Rolling Stone's Top 100 Singles of 2010, but a little more fine tuned. Plus, you can listen to every single song they chose on this link: http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2010/12/the-50-best-songs-of-2010.html My highlights from the list include Free Energy, The Walkmen, The Black Keys, Gorillaz, Vampire Weekend, Yeasayer, Band of Horses, Florence & the Machine, arcade Fire, Broken Bells, LCD Soundsystem,  and Mumford & Sons. So much good music in 2010!

2010 was also a good year for movies. Out of all the lists I've seen so far, I agree with Gawker's the most: http://gawker.com/5715328/our-favorite-movies-of-2010 The only one I'm confused about is "Morning Glory," since no one I knew who saw it liked it that much and it got killed by critics. But I guess I haven't seen it yet so I can't judge.

I hope 2011 is filled with just as wonderful art and entertainment!


No comments:

Post a Comment