All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, December 6, 2010

Love & Other Movies

With all the snow this weekend, it was the perfect time to burrow in and watch some movies. We did brave the roads one night to go to the theater. Here are my movies reviews for the weekend:

In theaters, we saw Love & Other Drugs. I was pleasantly surprised! Finally a romantic comedy that breaks the standard plot mold and actually delivers a little substance as well. Jake Gyllenhal and Anne Hatheway are charming and have great chemistry, which is good since they spend a lot of the movie being naked. My boyfriend even enjoyed the film, showing that if romantic comedies actually work on having a plot, they'd be a lot more appealing to both sexes.


Friday night I watched the French film Priceless (Hors de Prix). It stars the always adorable Audrey Tautou, from Amelie fame. She stars as a gold-digging woman who falls for a hotel worker. It was charming, light, and funny, with lots of great scenery shots from the French coast. 


Saturday I watched The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call- New Orleans. I thought it might be a decent movie since it was a remake and directed by Werner Herzog. I was wrong. It was horrible. All the acting was horrible. The plot dragged on. Nicolas Cage's face creeps me out. Ugh. A waste of two hours. Herzog should stick to documentaries.




No comments:

Post a Comment