All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Another awards season contender....

Yesterday I went to see "True Grit," another movie that's been getting a lot of buzz this holiday season. There's been a lot of comparison between "True Grit" and "No Country For Old Men," since they're both movies from the Coen brothers. I though "True Grit" was great but wasn't as good as "No Country For Old Men." It's a remake of an old John Wayne Western, which is based on a book. This version is supposed to follow the book plot more than the original movie. I think what really makes this  movie though is the acting. Jeff Bridges is amazing as usual. I think Matt Damon should be getting more recognition for his role as a dandy Texas Ranger. But the newcomer girl who plays the lead is who really steals the show. She's up for the SAG award for Best Actress, which I was iffy about since I don't really think child actors should ever win, but if you are 14 and are stealing scenes from Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon, that's just amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment