All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Twilight rant...

Okay, so, I know a lot of people looooove "Twilight," and I honestly gave it a chance, but really?? Really?? I read all 4 books because people told me each time that the next one was even better. It wasn't. Then I watched the movies, hoping this would give me insight into this pop culture phenomenon. It didn't. The first movie was AWFUL. Apparently people realized this because the director was fired. But the next 2 weren't any better. Sparkly vampires? Who can swim remarkably well? Weird. And that's where my beef just begins. Bella Swan is the worst female heroine ever written. I really hope young girls aren't looking up to her for relationship advice. Her world revolves around a man. She has nothing else going for her. When he leaves her in the second book she just goes catatonic and sits in her room for months. Only to come out of the funk for another guy, who she leads on and has aid her in her suicidal bender. If Edward was a vampire, he would be the most creepy, possessive, violent boyfriend ever. But apparently being supernatural makes all that okay. And Stephanie Meyers keeps comparing her books to Bronte's "Wuthering Heights." Bitch please. You wish. And as for the movies, Kristen Stewart, please stop biting your lip and "R-Patz," please just take a shower. Well, there are my thoughts. I'll stick to "True Blood," thank you very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment