All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mashup Mania

On NYE I'm going to the Brother Ali and the Hood Internet show at the downtown Marriott (it benefits high school music programs, for tickets go to: http://www.vegaproductions.tickets.musictoday.com/VegaProductions/moreInfo.aspx?event=137341&outlet=2200 ) Since I've seen Bother Ali a ton of times, I more excited for the mashup dance party the Hood Internet will get started. I've been gearing up by having mashup dance parties for one at my desk all week!

The Hood Internet is a Chicago-based duo (ABX and STV SLV0, who specialize in mashups of hip hop with indie rock. Personally, I think they're just as brilliant as Girl Talk and don't get half the credit deserved. The just came out with their Metric mashups, pairing the indie band Metric with rappers like Felt and Kanye West. All of their mashups can be downloaded for free on their site: http://www.thehoodinternet.com/


And with the end of 2010, another display of mashup brilliance emerges. Every year, DJs Adrian & Mysterious D compile and mix a continuous, CD-length compilation of the biggest Bootie mashup hits from that year, featuring many different deejays. I think my favorite of 2010 is either Big Booty Bitches in Miami (Bombs Away vs. LMFAO vs. Busta Rhymes vs. Sir Mix-A-Lot) or Folson Prison Gangstaz (Eazy-E vs. Johnny Cash). Once again, download for free at:

No comments:

Post a Comment