All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Thursday, December 16, 2010

More awards season news....

The SAG Award nominations are out! As I said in an early post, a lot of actors consider these the most important since their decided by their peers. The SAG Awards are also the best gauge for how the Oscars are going to go. To see the full list of nominees, go to: http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/17th-annual-sag-awards-nominations/

Here are my quick thoughts by category:

Best Male Actor: I'm glad to see "True Grit" is finally getting some love since it was completely snubbed by the Golden Globes. My bet's on Colin Firth, but I think Jeff Bridges has a lot of friends in Hollywood, so who knows.

Best Female Actor: Natalie Portman is getting a lot of buzz of "Black Swan," but the industry love Hillary Swank and her role in "Conviction was just begging for award recognition. I personally hope Annette Bening gets it.

Best Male/Female Supporting Actor: For men, I'm banking on classic pick, Geoffrey Rush but Jeremy Renner was great in "The Town" and everyone is talking about Christian Bale in "The Fighter." For female, I think everyone's been dying to see Helen Bonham Carter get some recognition. I think it would be awesome if Mila Kunis gets it, but I doubt that will happen. Maybe the girl from "True Grit"? It's been awhile since a child actor has gotten an award.

Best Cast in a Motion Picture: I bet it goes to the English film, "The King's Speech," since its loaded with powerful actors. I think "Black Swan" and "The Fighter" also have a decent chance. Anyone surprised that "Inception" is not getting any nominations? I totally thought it would, maybe it came out too early?

TV nominations were pretty much the same as the Golden Globes. No surprises. I'm so glad these nominations made more sense than the Golden Globes!

No comments:

Post a Comment