All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, December 20, 2010

Black Swan Review

This weekend I began my quest to see every movie nominated this season. We started off with "Black Swan." I was not expecting the level of darkness and gore, but I guess I should have been expecting a certain level of twistedness from director Darren Aronofsky ("Requiem for a Dream"). The movie invented it's own genre, psychosexual dance thriller, and lived up to it. Everyone in the movie did a brilliant job. I can see why both Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis are up for awards. I think actor Vincent Cassel should have received more recognition, as the sleazy, womanizing head of the dance company. And I wish Winona Ryder had been in more scenes, she's definitely gunning for a comeback. I would definitely recommend going to see this movie, just prepare to be disturbed.


No comments:

Post a Comment