All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Movie Review: The Town

For a stocking stuffer this holiday season, I got my boyfriend a DVD of "The Town." While it's not as good as some of the other movies in the Boston crime genre (like The Deaprted), it's still a pretty good movie. Jeremy Renner is getting some nominations for Best Supporting Actor this season for his role in it. He definitely does sociopath quite well. My favorite part is when Ben Affleck's character approaches his and says "You can't ask any questions or ever bring this up but I need to go hurt some people. You in?" and Renner's response after momentary pause it, "Whose car are we gonna take?" Who I'm really impressed with is Ben Affleck, who both stars in and directs this movie. It reminds me that this is one half of the brain that created "Good Will Hunting" at age 22. I also really enjoy Jon Hamm as as the FBI agent and Blake Lively surprised me as actually not being terribly horrible.


No comments:

Post a Comment