All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, February 28, 2011

When in doubt, eat where the Greeks eat.

Last Sunday my boyfriend and I went to the Santorini Taverna for brunch. We were a bit skeptical since it was out in Eden Prairie, but it was AMAZING! It is the best brunch buffet in the Twin Cities area, hands down! This is another venture by the famed Minneapolis Nicklow Brothers. First off, when I go to ethnic restaurants, I am completely reassured when people of that nationality are actually eating there. In the case of Santorini, there were Greek families everywhere. So, you know their food has to be authentic and delicious. The buffet was the largest I've ever seen. The first table was salads and breads. They had more than 15 different kinds of meat, veggie, and pasta salads. The second table was your warm breakfast foods, like bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, lamb (because it's Greek), Belgium waffles, and a prime roast carving station. They had vegetarian eggs Benedict, which I wasn't sure if I'd like because I'm a meat-lovin' girl, but it was tasty! The third table (and my boyfriend's favorite) was the dessert table, complete with ice cream, baklava, and a chocolate fountain. Holy food coma! Make sure you're hungry when you go because it's hard to pass on trying all the enticing food the put in front of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment