All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Toy Story 3 in review

Last night I watched the Pixar film "Toy Story 3." I've always been a fan of the "Toy Story" movies and was looking forward to this one. How often do you find a movie with multiple sequels where the third is just as good as the first (Godfather is the only one that comes to mind)? "Toy Story 3" is not only nomination for an Oscar in the "Best Animated Feature Film" category, but also the "Best Picture" overall category. Now, I don't think it's going to win against favorites like "Black Swan" or "The Social Network," but the movie was adorable. It made me wish I still played with toys. There were jokes meant for children, with a few adult jokes subtly snuck in. New toy characters were introduced. I have to say my favorite new addition to the cast was Ken and his dreamhouse filled with outfits for every occasion. I wish all children's movies were this clever, lovable, and filled with substance. Definitely a must-see for people of any age!


No comments:

Post a Comment