All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Movie Review: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Last night I watched the movie "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World." My boyfriend was a little hesitant to watch it with me because it looked "weird." Well, he wasn't too far off the mark, it was definitely different. I usually like more avant garde movies. I watch a lot of movies and I need things out of the norm to not get bored with a lot of today's "movie blockbusters." It's got a lot of bigger names in it, like Michael Cera, Anna Kendrick, Chris Evans, and Jason Schwartzman. My favorite character, the cynical gay roomate, was played by the underrated Kieren Culkin. The visual effects of this movie tried hard to dazzle, as they attempted to make real life into an old-school Nintendo game. It had it's funny moments too. But this movie did not need to be two hours long. By the end, it was just dragging and you just wanted it to be over. And I loved Michael Cera in "Arrested Development," but in all the movies he makes these days, his performances tend to fall a bit flat.




No comments:

Post a Comment