All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Movie review: From Paris With Love

Last night I watched "From Paris With Love." I love Jonathan Rhys Meyers. I know he's probably an epically drunk, slightly racist, douchebag in real life but I love his film and television choices (the Tudors, Match Point). The premise of this movie is that Rhys Meyer's character works for the US ambassador in France and has to help visiting top spy Wax (played by John Travolta) stop a terrorist attack. Here's the things about this movie. I think it's meant to be a serious, shoot 'em up, action movie. However, my boyfriend and I found ourselves laughing up a storm. John Travolta's character is so over-the-top "bad ass" that it's unbelievable and hilarious. His one-liners but CSI to shame. He even snuck in a homage to "Pulp Fiction" with the mention of a Royale with cheese! I haven't liked Travolta this much in anything probably since Pulp Fiction. So even though it's probably not intended to be a funny movie, I say see it for the laughs.




No comments:

Post a Comment