All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Thursday, February 24, 2011

It may be a kid's movie, but I love...

"Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." It came out almost two years ago but I watched it again last night for pretty much the fourth time and I still love it. The first time I saw it in theaters was in 3D and the spectacle of giant food flying toward me was awesome! The movie makes me laugh out loud multiple viewing times later. It had so many witty and clever comments tucked in almost every dialog. Visually, it's stunning. The colors they use are so vivid, like the scene with the golden Jello castle against the fuchsia sunset. All of the characters are so well developed. I love the uni-browed father, who can't tell his son how much he loves his without fishing metaphors. The cop father and his little boy Cal are hilarious! And my favorite is Steve the Monkey, voiced by Neil Patrick Harris. Can NPH do no wrong? Plus, I'm probably a little biased since this was one of my favorite books growing up. The movie is a great translation of it and even adds more character and life into it!


No comments:

Post a Comment