All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, February 21, 2011

CD Release: Sims' "Bad Time Zoo"

Last Saturday night I went to the Fine Line for Sims' new CD Release. Sims is part of the popular Minneapolis hip hop group, Doomtree, who I'm a huge fan of. Everyone in Doomtree has a solo act outside of the group, and while all are pretty good, Sims is my favorite by far. It's probably because I have a huge soft spot for liberal-leaning politically-fueled rhymes. His new CD is "Bad Time Zoo"and so far I love what I've heard. My favorite track is "One Dimensional Man," which calls out liberals who are really just phoning it in as they think they should instead of really trying to make a difference. Lazerbeak is back on the CD with Sims, creating those heavy beats he's known for and excels at. The show itself was great. It was like a deconstruction of Doomtree, with everyone pulling out their solo acts leading up to Sims. Their support for him is undeniable. It's so nice to see a group where egos are in check and everyone supports and promotes each other. That's a rare thing to find in hip hop these days.


1 comment:

  1. Risa, we need to have another music swap again, clearly!

    Also... I just started a blog! Check it out:
    http://emily-littleredbow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete