All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cool promotion on Facebook

As advertising is my chosen profession, I try to throw in a blog entry whenever I see something I think is well executed. Tons of companies have been utilizing social media in the last few years and a lot of those dollars go to Facebook, which is not surprising. The biggest successes come from campaigns that go viral. This morning I noticed everyone on my wall liking the NBC show, "America's Next Great Restaurant." Now, I've been seeing previews for it and it looks like an interesting show, but why the sudden interest? Turns out they are running a clever promotion on Facebook that gets people to "Like" the show's page, watch a video, and get a coupon. Getting consumers to do all three of those activities in one go is every advertiser's dream. It's a co-promotion with NBC and Chipotle and in the end, you get a BOGO deal to Chipotle. Very cool! Check it out here: http://apps.facebook.com/videocoupon/

No comments:

Post a Comment