All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

NEW ATMOSPHERE!!

Anyone who knows me knows Atmosphere has been one of my favorite artists since I was 16. I see them in concert at least twice a year. I think Slug's one of the best lyricists in the hip hop world. He's very honest and real in all of his songs, has something for just about every mood, and touts the Minnesota pride. Ant drops amazing beats and shows off his versatility in every album. Their new album, "The Family Sign," is their 7th official studio album, although they've done a ton of shorter LPs, leak-able tracks, and a lots of other tunes in an "unofficial" capacity. "The Family Sign" will be released April 12th, 2011 but you can preview it online and The Current has been playing some of it. From what I've heard so far, this is a very mature album for Slug and Ant, who aren't always the most mature of men (for which we love them for). Many of the lyrics on the new album seem to deal with themes of overcoming loss of love, family, and friends. It's about the love that's loyal and stays with you. Through this whole evolution, I feel like I'm growing up right along side them. 

Atmosphere will be doing a promotional "Family" tour to promote the new album with Blueprint (who's also releasing new tunes), Grieves, Sab The Artist, and DJ Abilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment