All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Friday, February 11, 2011

Whisky Park requires a lot of whiskey....

Last night I went to happy hour at Whisky Park (on 5th in Downtown Minneapolis), a newer bar that replaced The Lodge last spring. First off, it looks remarkably like the Lodge inside. I'm pretty sure the wooden wall paneling is leftover from the Lodge days and probably reeks of booze. They say they are going for a "small town feel," but I don't think they've actually ever been to a small town bar. The happy hour specials are good (2 for 1 "you call its" from 5-8p) and they have nightly specials. However, the place is just disorganized. Our server was horribly slow, no one working there knew the specials, and it took 30-45 minutes to get our food which is ridiculous because it was not busy! The food was nothing special and over priced (a large plate of nachos was $11.50!) I'm sorry Whisky Park, but you need to get your shit together. And FYI, one of the two words in your name is misspelled. I left when we were informed that it was 18+ night. Cripes, I'm too old for that. I'm taking bets on how much longer Whisky Park stays open....




No comments:

Post a Comment