All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Friday, February 4, 2011

Easy A: The new Mean Girls? Not quite.

Last night I watched the movie "Easy A." I was looking forward to seeing it, as I keep hearing it's the new "Mean Girls" and lead actress Emma Stone was up for a Golden Globe for it. It was a cute, funny, lighthearted teen film, and while I love the homage to John Hughes movies in it, "Easy A" is not anything close to one of them. It's not even the new "Mean Girls." Emma Stone is super cute in it and I can see the similarities between her and Lindsey Lohan (red hair), I really hope she stays on her career path and doesn't end up like the Lohan. Penn Badgley was also cute in it, but I have a biased love for anyone in Gossip Girl. The movie was has it laughs, my favorite parts having to do with her quirky parents played by Stanley Tucci and Patricia Clarkson. Amanda Bynes annoyed me a the super-Christian girl. I wish they had gone more the way for Mandy Moore in "Saved." Overall, it's definitely worth the rental but don't go in with too high of expectations.


No comments:

Post a Comment