All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Woodhouse Fish Co, you won me over.

This past weekend my aunt and uncle were in town, so I brought them to Woodhouse Fish Co, on Fillmore Street. I had already been there a couple weeks prior and hadn't been hugely impressed by it, but had decided to give it a second try. And am I glad I did! The first time I went there we started out with the appetizer special of the day, which was cooked asparagus. It was plain and pretty much tasted exactly the same as when I cook it at home. The only difference: at Woodhouse it costs $8. For dinner I had the crab BLT, which was dry and unexciting. My boyfriend had fish, veggies and potato cooked in parchment paper, which he said was good but nothing special. The second time I went back, I had one of the best meals I've had in a long time! It was the stuffed artichoke. Basically they took an artichoke, cut it in half and grilled it with some seasoning I can't put my finger on. Then they stuffed fresh crab into one side and shrimp into the other. It was on top of a bed of lettuce, tomato and beets with a light dressing. There was cocktail sauce for the shrimp and a creamy sauce for the crab. It was light, yet filling. I will be going again and again for this dish, but I probably won't ever get anything else on the menu again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment