All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Friday, May 27, 2011

To the Greek!

Last night I stayed up later than I should on a "school night" and watched "Get Him to the Greek." Can I preface this post by saying how confusing it is that California has two Greek Theaters? One is in Berkeley and one is in Los Angeles. I haven't been to the one in LA yet, where the movie takes place, but the Berkeley one is an awesome place to see a show. Anyway, I love this movie! It is hilarious. It's Russell Brand reprising his role as the rockstar, Aldous Snow, from "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." I usually think Russell Brand is annoying and overrated (I mean, did anyone actually go see "Arthur"?) but this character almost seems like he's playing himself. Rose Byrne from "Damages" plays his estranged girlfriend and is also hilarious. The other main character is Jonah Hill, who fits the role perfectly. The movie is all about Hill's character trying to get Brand from London to LA for his show. P. Diddy (or whatever name he's going by these days) plays his boss, and brings to the role what Tom Cruise did for "Tropic Thunder." The movie has so many witty parts, it's hard to say my favorite. Jason Segel was actually one of the writers on this and I think the only way this movie could have been any better would be if Segel's character from "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" had a cameo. I'm considering buying this movie because I think I could watch it multiple times and still find it funny. Definitely see it if you haven't already.


No comments:

Post a Comment