All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, May 16, 2011

I went to a movie this weekend. And hiked around.

We went to the movie theater Friday night with the plan of seeing "Bridesmaids," which everyone is saying is super hilarious. Unfortunately it was sold out when we got there, so we had to go see "Thor." The only thing that made it halfway decent was that we say it in 3D and it had some components that looked pretty neat. Other than that, the plot was boring and predictable. The acting was sub-par. There were portions that didn't make any sense. Somehow Thor and Natalie Portman's character fell in love even though they cumulatively spent about eight hours together total. Anthony Hopkins is getting old and I didn't even recognize Rene Russo as the queen. And maybe I have my mythology all wrong, but I though Loki was more just a mischievous trickster and not actually a bad guy. I'm curious to see what will happen to Chris Hemsworth, the guy who played Thor. He was perfectly suited for that role but I have trouble seeing him in anything else because he's so distinctive looking. There's a random hidden scene after the credits teasing upcoming comic book films. Thor killed it at the box office this weekend, but I think that was mainly due to an excessively large advertising campaign.


The other movie I saw this weekend was our rental, "Knight and Day." I realized 15 minutes in I'd already seen it. That's how memorable it is. So that's my review on that.


Other than that, I fulfilled my nature quota for the week with a hike in the Marin Headlands/Sausalito area. The trail was gorgeous, running along the ocean cliffs. You could go up the hills and explore all the old bunker/bomb shelters, which were super cool but creepy. And somehow we ended off the normal trail (which was rated an easy hike) and on a small path through bushes and shrubbery. My legs got super cut up. Then we scaled a rock pile. It was definitely not for beginner hikers. That will fulfill my nature quota for quite some time.


No comments:

Post a Comment