All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thoughts on recent Netflix...

Sadly, work is so busy at the new job that I actually have to work, which doesn't leave much time for blogging! So, here are my thoughts on my recent Netflix mailings...

A couple weeks ago we got through the newest season of "Weeds" to come out on DVD (Season 6). I use to love "Weeds." The first four seasons were hilarious! In Season 5, it started getting a little more dark and twisted. Season 6 has very little humor and few lovable characters are left. I find myself hating Nancy. She's just a selfish, rude, horrible mother who is ruining the lives of her family and everyone around them without a care in the world.Shane is twisted. Poor Silas will never have a good life. I wonder how much longer this show is going to continue. Are others starting to despise Nancy like I am? I mean, you have to have someone to root for!


Last week we watched "Morning Glory," with Rachel McAdams. Yeah, it was not that good. I give it two out of five stars. McAdams was cute, as usual. And Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton were great. But that was it. The storyline lacked. They tried to insert sappiness into things that weren't actually sappy. It dragged on. The romantic angle was introduced but only randomly inserted and the viewer never gets fully emotionally invested. It got 54% of Rotten Tomatoes, which I think is more than fair.


Lastly, and this wasn't Netflix, it was a definite must-buy, "Harry Potter; Deathly Hallows Part 1"!! I love Harry Potter, so this is probably biased, but this movie was soooo good! It's dark and scary when it needs to be. Harry and his friends are grown up and so are the readers/viewers. There's the perfect amount of sexual tension between characters. Ralph Finnes as Voldemort is chilling. I loved every moment of it. They adapted those books as well as they could and did a good job of not leaving out too much. The scenery is amazing. I cried twice the first time I watched it in theaters. Part 2 comes out July 15th. I can't wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment