All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, June 6, 2011

Sometimes I feel like a nerdy 12 year-old boy...

So, I have been psyched to see "X-Men: First Class" since I saw the first preview months ago. I went to see it Saturday night and it actually lived up to my high expectations! I thought it was the best "X-Men" movie out of all the ones that have been made (I don't even count "X-Men: Wolverine in this because I'm chalking that up to temporary insanity...). The casting is amazing. James McAvoy is very empathetic as a young Professor X. Michael Fassbender showed just the right amount of rage as a young Magneto. My favorite was probably Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. I think she is my favorite starlet of the moment. And I keep seeing movies with Rose Byrne in it and once again she pleasantly surprised me in this movie. I had no idea that Kevin Bacon was making a comeback as the main bad guy in this movie. Did they keep that out of the previews? He's awesome. This movie was first at the box office this weekend, making $55.1MM. If you at all like comic book movies, this is the one to see. It's rare a prequel is this good and provides such a deep backstory to all the characters. It actually made me want to go back and watch all the other X-Men movies.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the Sex and the City prequel is as good as this one!

    ReplyDelete