All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, June 20, 2011

Matt + Kim rock it in Oakland

Saturday night we trekked over to catch the Matt + Kim show at the Fox Theater. This was my first time at the Fox Theater and definitely won't be my last. The theater had a gorgeous interior, which bars all over the place so you never have to wait in line and it was possible to have a good view from almost any vantage point. As for the show itself, seeing Matt and Kim is always a good time. This couple (as in actual couple, they're dating but don't flaunt it) hails from Brooklyn. Kim rocks the drums with gusto and Matt harmonizes with fun pop synth melodies on the piano. I've seen them a couple shows now and they've gone from playing in front of a couple hundred in a dive club in Minneapolis, to Coachella in 2010, to this show which had to be at least a thousand people. They're very good at engaging the audience. I really like how they talk to the audience. They throw out balloons to blow up and throw around confetti. Kim actually stood on the hands of the crowd and did her booty shake dance. My boyfriend said Kim came off as fake, but I like her. Badass girl drummers definitely top the cool list in my book. I think they are more fun to see in a smaller venue, but I can't fault them for their success. It's amazing the sounds they can make from just a drum and electric piano!

No comments:

Post a Comment