All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Date night at Solstice

Last Monday we stayed in the neighborhood and went to dinner at Solstice, on Divisadero. The inside of the restuarant is very cool, it almost has a 1920s vibe to it. The food on the menu sounded pretty fancy but the prices looked reasonable, so we were excited. For an appetizer, we started with the ahi tuna tartare, which came with crispy wonton chips. It was on a bed of diced avocado and had pickled onion and cilantro in it to give it some zip. I think it could have maybe used a dash of citrus zest, but it was otherwise quite tasty. For dinner I had prosciutto wrapped chicken medallions on yukon gold mash, which cripsy onion and grilled carrot, topped with jus.Wrapping the chicken in prosciutto made the chicken very succulent. I think I'm going to try this technique at home. The portion was the perfect size. My boyfriend had the grilled skewers, which came with flatiron steak and onion and herbed chicken with red pepper. Both of the meats were very well seasoned and flavorful. And they had Ace Pear Cider available, so I was happy! With the quality of the food and the reasonable prices, I think Solstice Restaurant and Lounge is a great place to go eat or just have a couple drinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment