All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I wonder if this is a real thing...

The other week I was perusing Netflix Instant, which doesn't not have the best pick of movies but is great when you're bored. I decided to watch "The Joneses," with Demi Moore and David Duchovny. In general, I'm not a huge fan of either of them but Duchovny rocks in "Californication" (although I'm pretty sure he's just playing himself), so I'm warming up to him. While the movie wasn't superbly written, acted or directed, it turned out to be kind of interesting. The Jonese turn out to be a a fake family, planted in an affluent superb by a marketing company to try and sell luxury goods through the power of suggestion. Call me crazy, but after working in advertising, I could see this becoming a reality. It's kind of genius really, because word-of-mouth is trusted and valued. Anyway, the movie explored materialism and what happens to those who place too much worth in owning things. I thought it was a clever and apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so. This movie got a surprising 61% on Rotten Tomatoes, although they appreciated the acting more than me. Anyway, if you're bored and have Netflix Instant, this isn't a bad choice. It may just make you think....


No comments:

Post a Comment