All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Delicious dessert on Fillmore

The other night we were walking around the Lower Pac Heights and a sweets craving hit, so we went to Citizen Cake on Fillmore. I haven't been there for their savory food (they serve brunch, lunch and dinner), but I can say that their dessert selection is amazing. It won "Best Dessert" from 7x7 Magazine. The chef behind Citizen Cake is Elizabeth Falker, who I recognize from TV. Her other San Francisco restaurant is Orson on 4th St, which is Michelin recommended. When we went to Citizen Cake for dessert, I had the chocolate chip cupcake, which was a brown sugar cake with chocolate chip frosting and a cute mini chocolate chip cookie on top for garnish. My boyfriend had the s'more brownie, which he said was one of the best brownies he's ever had. I've heard the salted chocolate torte is also supposed to be amazing. They also had a signature cupcake, which sounded a little to chocolatey for me, which is cocoa genoise cake filled with marshmallow fluff and a ganache glaze. Falker also has a cookbook out aptly named "Demolition Desserts." Baking has never been something I'm good at (or particularly enjoy). I'll stick with visiting the restaurant for now. This is definitely a good place for anyone with a sweet tooth! It can be a little pricey, but I can say the desserts are worth it.





1 comment: