All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A week's worth of movie reviews

With Thanksgiving last week, I didn't have a ton of time to blog but saw quite a few movies worth mentioning. Here is goes:

In theaters, I went to see Megamind. Yes, it's a family movie but it was hilarious and had some adult jokes snuck in. I thought it was weird that it was released so quickly after Despicable Me. Both are great movies, but have similar plots following lovable villains.


We rented the older classic, Oscar winning Deer Hunter. It was interesting and I loved seeing DeNiro and Wakken as younger men. However, the movie was a little over 3 hours long. There were definitely some parts that dragged on, but overall I can see why it won an Oscar. Oh, and the always lovely Meryl Streep was in it!


Another rental was Splice. This is one of the most weird, fucked up movies I've seen in a long time. Adrien Brody and Sarah Pollock star as two scientists who are splicing different species of animals to discover a specific protein. The genre is "sci-fi horror," which I didn't understand until the last 20 minutes of the movie, which left me very, very disturbed....


Last but not least, I watched New York, I Love You with my parents on Thanksgiving. It's based off Paris, J'aime, which is a must-see. Both of these movies feature a series of vignettes of people who end up being linked together. The New York version was not as interesting as its Persian counterpart but featured a ton of stars such as Andy Garcia, Rachel Bilson, Hayden Christenson, Shia LeBouf, Natalie Portman, and Bradley Cooper.




No comments:

Post a Comment