All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, November 22, 2010

Loring Pasta Bar Review

Saturday I traveled to Dinkytown to dine at the Loring Pasta Bar. The ambiance of the place is always wonderful and I love the tie-in with the Varisty Theater and Kitty Kat Klub. I remembered it being super good food from college, but now that I've been expanding my palate, I have to say I wasn't that impressed. The food was not as flavorful as I remembered and it was extremely overpriced. We started with the calamari, which was subpar but came with a spicy dipping aioli. We split a chicken oscar, which has too much bland cream sauce on it and was in no way worth $23, and the cheese tortellini nuovi, which was flavored nicely with proscuitto, garlic, nutmeg, and pine nuts. I am a definitely sucker for pine nuts. Overall, I think there are much better places to dine for this amount of money. I would however go back with my a student ID card, which gets you 30% off your whole meal Sunday through Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment