All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Food Review

Sadly, it wasn't a very exciting weekend for food. Friday night we were in the mood for some good ol' pub food, so we went to the Village Pub in St. Anthony (since we had a Groupon for it). I was excited to see poutine on the menu. Unfortunately it was the most Americanized version of this dish I've ever had. It was so bland. The cuban pork sandwich was also a bland wanna-be version of a Cubano. To conclude, I will not be back to the Village Pub.
http://www.stanthonyvillagepub.com/

Now, anyone who knows me knows I can't cook. But being a foodie who can't cook gets expensive, so I've been giving it a try. A girl at work recommended a recipe to me for a dinner party I attended Saturday. It's butternut squash ravioli with a walnut butter and bacon sauce. The ravioli is made using wonton wrappers and ended up tasting delish! It took me all day to make but I think people who know how to cook would have an easier time. You can find the recipe here:




Sunday night we went to dinner at Aura, the hidden gem of Calhoun Square in my opinion. For some reason, it is always happy hour there, which means a huge variety of dishes are $4-$6 and drinks are $3-$9.  The panceasar calzone was probably the highlight for me, with the exception of the the chocolate silk empanadas, which are my favorite dessert ever!! Deep fried empanadas filled with nutella, cream cheese, and peanut butter, topped with powdered sugar... YUM!
http://restaurantaura.com/



1 comment: